IST at Penn State
The philosophy of Penn State’s School of Information Sciences and Technology (IST) is to build “Leaders for a Digital Global Economy.”
At DuBois, we ensure our students get practical experience through internships.
IST students at Penn State DuBois learn the following skills
- Installing, managing, and repairing PCs
- Microsoft Visio (Data and Network Modeling)
- Network Design
- Running Network Cable
- Designing, implementing, and managing networks using Microsoft and Linux Distro Servers
- Configure and manage networking equipment
- Plan and implement wireless networks
- Implement specialized servers (i.e., web, email, database, and ftp servers)
- Oral and written communication skills
PSU DuBois IT Department
Penn State DuBois Campus
- Assist with lab images for new semester
- Assist with various BIOS upgrades and changes
- Coordinate inventory to be dispersed to Lion Surplus
- Manage walk-ins at HelpDesk
Answer HelpDesk phone and solve various problems for faculty, staff, and students
- Toner Changes
- Printing Problems
- MS Office Application Questions
- Assist with various AV steps and tear downs
- Assist with various phases of inventory control
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Installation of VPN client on student owned laptops
- Rudimentary knowledge of machine security patches and updates
- Other duties as assigned
Contact: Justin Fitzpatrick
Interested in hiring an IST Intern?
If you are interested in hosting an IST intern, contact Jason Long, the Penn State DuBois IST Internship Coordinator.
He may be contacted at (814) 372-3000.