Brookville Equipment Corporation
IT Intern, Brookville
– Troubleshoot and assist network system users.
– Investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems.
– Provide various software installations on new and existing PCs.
– Install new computers and peripheral devices.
– Investigate and determine appropriate software security.
– Assist in performing maintenance of computer network.
– Maintain records of all IT equipment with an asset number and update status of the devices.
– Research new hardware and software.
– Other functions as assigned.
– Pursuing degree in computer science or related field.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Experience with multitasking and organization.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
– Exhibits professionalism.
– Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
– Able to maintain confidentiality.
– Must be available to work 20 to 25 hours per week. We are willing to work around a class schedule for current students.
Contact: Erin McKillip
Or apply at: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153800.careers?CareersSearch
PSU DuBois IT Department
PSU DuBois Campus
1. Assist with lab images for new semester
2. Assist with various BIOS upgrades and changes
3. Coordinate inventory to be dispersed to Lion Surplus
4. Manage walk-ins at HelpDesk
5. Answer HelpDesk phone and solve various problems for faculty, staff and students
a. Toner Changes
b. Printing Problems
c. MSOffice Application Questions
6. Assist with various AV setups and tear downs
7. Assist with various phases of inventory control
8. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
9. Installation of VPN client on student owned laptops
10. Rudimentary knowledge of machine security patches and updates
11. Other duties as assigned
Contact: Justin Fitzpatrick
IST at Penn State
The philosophy of Penn State’s School of Information Sciences and Technology (IST) is to build “Leaders for a Digital Global Economy.” At DuBois, we ensure our students get practical experience through internships.READ MORE
The IST students at Penn State DuBois develop the following skills:
-Installing, managing, and troubleshooting PCs
-Running network cable
-Designing, implementing, and managing networks using Microsoft Server, and Red Hat Linux
-Configure and manage networking equipment
-Plan and implement wireless networks
-Implement specialized servers:
(web servers, email servers, database servers, ftp servers)
-Oral and written communication skills